Windows 11 is the most extreme version of the well–known operating system from Microsoft Corporation. Nowadays, Windows 11 is the most modern and technologically advanced operating system, which is used by millions of people every day. This is a faster, nicer, and also more feature-rich Windows than its previous version.
This OS was first presented in 2021, namely on June 24. However, 9 days before the official announcement, its first version – preliminary – leaked to the network. Although this event happened, millions of people around the world have not changed their opinion about this project and use the 11th version in their computers every day.
However, not everyone knows about the advantages that the new version has received. Not everyone knows how to upgrade their Windows from the 10th version to the 11th. And a lot of people are worried about what will happen to their data. That’s why this article was created – to answer all these popular questions. It’s time to get started!
Is it worth updating Windows 10
In order to answer this question, just look at the new features in the functionality. They sound as follows:
1. Additional management options for people with disabilities. The new version received subtitles for all operating systems, focus sessions were added, voice access became even more natural and pleasant;
2. Improved performance on personal computers. The new version is much better optimized than Windows 10;
3. Significant design changes. Now the design has become even nicer and neater;
4. Correction of eye contact. Now it will be much easier for you to keep computer contact.
5. Support Android apps. The latest generation of windows has been able to run Android applications without including the phone itself.
6. A wider range of gaming functions for customizing games. Now you can improve performance and graphics quality using Direct Storage and Auto HDR applications.
This is just some list of updates. By itself, it is larger, but mostly it is invisible and practically does not affect the operation of Windows in any way.
It is important to note that when switching to a new version, you must have a crypto chip on the motherboard. It has the name “Trusted Platform Module” and is responsible for the security of your computer’s data. Without such a chip, you will not be able to upgrade to this version of the operating system. If you have one, then you can safely proceed directly to the update itself.
The update process
There are 3 main ways to update the software: download the official ISO disk, update using the Windows Update Center, and update using the installation assistant.
1. Using an ISO disk. You need to do the following:
Download the ISO image from the Microsoft website. Unpack it on your computer. Enable the exe file and run the installation. Follow the step-by-step installation steps.
2. Using the update center. It is necessary to follow the following steps:
Go to “Start”, then to “Settings”, click on “Update and Security”, then “Windows Update”, click on “Check for updates”. Update everything that the 10th version will show you. Re-request updates and if your PC fits the system requirements, then you will be offered to upgrade to version 11. You agree. Install the new version according to the instructions.
3. Using the installation assistant. Follow the following plan:
Go to the official Microsoft website. Download a program called “Windows 11 Installation Assistant”. Turn on this assistant and follow its instructions. In order for the update to be successful, do not forget to restart your computer. Now it’s time to talk about what will happen to your data when you switch to a new OS.
What will happen to the data and files
The answer is the same – all your files and data will be automatically transferred to the new OS version. However, just in case, you can make a backup copy of all the files. To copy, open the same section with updates and security, select backup and select the disk to which you want to move all the data, or a network location.
In conclusion, we can say that the transition to Windows 11 is the right and necessary solution, since when using the new version you will get a more convenient, beautiful and fast operating system. A 30-day demo mode is available for Windows 11. If your Windows 10 has a license, then you can upgrade to a new operating system for free. As a last resort, you can activate Windows 11 using the KMSAuto net program for free.